Published by Salman on Wed, 04/21/2021 - 12:15
Julian Chapman has over three decades of experience leading teams and organizations, from small groups all the way to thousands of employees. He joined Forrest and Company in 2002 after a personal career in experience consulting and working with other businesses to build their leadership capability. His leadership knowledge is augmented by his 30+ year “second” career as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces from which he retired in 2014, at the rank of Brigadier-General, to take over as President of Forrest & Company.
Julian travels extensively assisting Forrest’s clients in designing solutions on how they can achieve extraordinary results using the Forrest methodologies.
His thoughts on leadership, organizational development and accountability have been published in HR Reporter Magazine, CPA Bottom Line Newspaper and HR Professional magazine. Known as a pioneer of thinking in the work place, Julian is a master trainer in Effective Intelligence™ which he brings to organizations through key note addresses or assisting individuals and teams in solving problems through effective thinking.
Recent consulting projects include:
- Articulating the strategy for a multi-national pharmaceutical firm seeking to enter the Canadian marketplace; designing its structure to fulfill this strategy
- Coaching the President & CEO of a technology leader; goals included refining strategy and structure, and positioning top talent within the organization to achieve strategy
- Developing a bespoke managerial framework for a major public utility and its subsidiaries; applying the framework from the top levels of the organization downwards and implemented a strong accountability culture
- Customizing and instilling core leadership practices for the Canadian head office of a large multi-national banking corporation
- Creating a novel managerial framework, imbuing the entire top team with visionary leadership skills
- Establishing a vibrant accountability culture within a major Canadian retailer resulting in superior sales
In his spare time Julian is a member of the Board of Directors of Wounded Warriors, a charitable foundation that provides programming for veterans, primarily those suffering from PTSD. As well, he is the co-founder of a charitable foundation for the Canadian Rangers of Northern Ontario that primarily supports At-Risk Aboriginal Youth.
Julian holds a BA from the University of Toronto and is a graduate of the Canadian Army Command and Staff College, the Canadian Forces College and the U.S. Army War College. He lives in Toronto, and is married to Wendy, with whom he has four children.
Forrest products and services expertise:
- Accountability Consulting
- Effectiveness Coaching
- Effectiveness Facilitation
- The Leadership Suite
- Effective Thinking Suite
- Core Leadership Practices
- Effective Intelligence
- HRBP Program
- Effective Thinking & People
- Effective Thinking & Tasks
Effective Intelligence (EI), Thunks, Rhodes’ Maps, and the Rhodes’ Thinking-Intentions Profile (Rhodes’ TIP) are trademarks of J.D. (Jerry) Rhodes. Copyright © Forrest & Company Limited and J.D. (Jerry) Rhodes. All rights reserved. Effective Intelligence Accredited. The Founder of Effective Intelligence is Jerry Rhodes.