Published by erin on Tue, 07/26/2011 - 21:24
Tony Welsh, Executive Vice-President, Design and Forrest’s Managing Partner, brings over 30 years of training, design and organizational development experience to Forrest & Company Limited. As Forrest specializes in customized solutions, Tony’s strength is his genius in precisely matching the requirements of a client to the specifics of a program.
Tony was instrumental in the architecture of Forrest’s Leadership Suite™ and Effective Thinking Suite™ program offerings, now in public offering through two training partners. He is the designer of ViewFinder2™, a multi-rater tool that assesses strengths and opportunities for development. Tony is an expert process facilitator and has delivered – and designed – many Forrest programs, including the renowned Leadership Path™. He is certified in Effective Intelligence™.
A favoured speaker, Tony has conducted seminars and webinars on performance management, employee engagement, and talent management for HRPA members; been interviewed by The Globe and Mail – Report on Business, resulting in the article, “Seven Steps to Make Better Decisions”; and conducted a webinar on decision making for Canadian HR Reporter Magazine.
Recent projects include:
- For a national organization that provides medical laboratory services: Designed and implemented a complete Requisite Organization structure, which included structural consulting, leadership development, project management, and coaching of individuals at the Director and Vice-President levels
- For a major energy utility: Developed a bespoke managerial framework and helped apply it from the top levels down including structural and process consulting, competency development, implementation of talent assessment tools and processes and being the lead facilitator on all internal managerial leadership training and consulting
Tony retired from the Canadian Army Reserves at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Among other accomplishments during his years of service, he commanded Canada’s oldest airborne infantry regiment, the Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada and was the founding commander of the Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) unit for Central Ontario.
Whenever he can find the time, Tony enjoys camping and hiking and, having played football in high school, is an enthusiastic follower of the sport. He also dabbles in creative cookery and collects wine bottles (after carefully emptying them).
Forrest products and services expertise:
- Accountability Consulting
- Developing Business Acumen
- Effectiveness Coaching
- Effectiveness Facilitation
- The Leadership Suite
- Effective Thinking Suite
- Core Leadership Practices
- Effective Thinking & People
- Effective Thinking & Tasks
- The Leadership Path
- Effective Intelligence
- HRBP Program
Effective Intelligence (EI), Thunks, Rhodes’ Maps, and the Rhodes’ Thinking-Intentions Profile (Rhodes’ TIP) are trademarks of J.D. (Jerry) Rhodes. Copyright © Forrest & Company Limited and J.D. (Jerry) Rhodes. All rights reserved. Effective Intelligence Accredited. The Founder of Effective Intelligence is Jerry Rhodes.