Published by Salman on Wed, 04/21/2021 - 12:11
Tony Welsh, Executive Vice-President, Design and Forrest’s Managing Partner, brings over 30 years of training, design and organizational development experience to Forrest & Company Limited. As Forrest specializes in customized solutions, Tony’s strength is his genius in precisely matching the requirements of a client to the specifics of a program.
Tony draws his experience from a number of previous roles:
• Organizational Development and Employment Manager at Bombardier Aerospace Dehavilland
• Program facilitator for the Toronto Advisory Committee on Employment Training (TACET)
• Course Director and Lead designer for the United Nations Integrated Mission Staff Officers Course (8 weeks residential) at the Pearson Peacekeeping Centre
• Instructor and Mentor for the Militia Command and Staff course and many other career programs with the Canadian Forces
Tony was instrumental in the architecture of Forrest’s Leadership Suite™ and Effective Thinking Suite™ program offerings, now in public offering through two training partners. He is the designer of ViewFinder2™, a multi-rater tool that assesses strengths and opportunities for development. Tony is an expert process facilitator and has delivered – and designed – many Forrest programs, including the renowned Leadership Path™. He is certified in Effective Intelligence™ and in the Lominger Leadership Architect™ series of tools. He has recently been certified to run several simulations provided by Celemi Ltd including “Apples and Oranges”™, a one-day financial acumen simulation.
A favoured speaker, Tony has conducted seminars and webinars on performance management, employee engagement, and talent management for HRPA members; been interviewed by The Globe and Mail – Report on Business, resulting in the article, “Seven Steps to Make Better Decisions”; and conducted a webinar on decision making for Canadian HR Reporter Magazine.
Recent projects include:
• The re-design and transition of many Forrest programs to an on-line experience and delivery mechanism
• For a national organization that provides medical laboratory services: Designed and implemented a complete Requisite Organization structure, which included structural consulting, leadership development, project management, and coaching of individuals at the Director and Vice-President levels
• For a major energy utility: Developed a bespoke managerial framework and helped apply it from the top levels down including structural and process consulting, competency development, implementation of talent assessment tools and processes and being the lead facilitator on all internal managerial leadership training and consulting
A decorated and long-time member of the Canadian Armed Forces, Tony retired at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Among other accomplishments during his years of service, he commanded Canada’s oldest airborne infantry regiment, the Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada, and was the founding commander of the Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) unit for Central Ontario.
Whenever he can find the time, Tony enjoys camping and hiking and, having played football in high school, is an enthusiastic follower of the sport. He also dabbles in creative cookery and collects wine bottles (after carefully emptying them).