Published by mart on Thu, 07/14/2011 - 11:48
Discover the potential in your executives. For over 20 years and with over a thousand executives, Forrest has used its proven executive coaching model to help executives solve complex issues, leverage strengths and overcome barriers. The breadth and versatility of our professional coaching team allows us to match you with the best coach for your needs. We are also experts at a large inventory of tested assessment and personal planning tools. A typical Forrest coaching engagement consists of twice-monthly, in-person sessions and a monthly telephone debrief, and are from three to six months in length.
Focus on Organizational Effectiveness
Forrest coaching is noted for its pragmatism. The goal is to benefit the organization directly – enabling the client to get his or her job done – while also ensuring that the client has a positive impact on those around him or her.
Experience and Expertise
Forrest boasts a roster of coaches with an enormous range of experience and expertise. Our coaches, which include former CEOs, VPs of HR, line leaders and other roles, come from many segments of both the public and private sectors. The expertise of our coaches is widely varied and includes, among others, strategy and structure development, vocation counselling, voice and presentation skills development and developmental psychology.
The Purpose of Executive Coaching
- Accelerate the growth of a leader’s unique strengths and capabilities
- Manage or remove barriers that restrict a leader’s effectiveness
- Develop specific leadership or managerial skills
- Provide a sounding board and advice
Reasons for Executive Coaching
- All leaders have potential that exceeds their current effectiveness
- Leaders need “just in time”, focused and relevant interventions to accelerate development
- It’s very hard to get “agenda-free” support from internal colleagues
- Issue-specific professional expertise may not be available internally
- Effectiveness improvement may require work and conversations that are inappropriate for internal colleagues
- Professional coaches have specific coaching skills and bring a much broader range of coaching options than non-professionals
- Leaders sometimes need help to put day-to-day issues in the context of their longer term plans – and conversely, may not always be able to translate strategies into action. Coaches can help bridge the gap.
Who would Benefit from Coaching?
Executive Coaching isn’t just for CEOs. Managers at all levels, directors, and supervisors can maximize their capabilities with coaching. Coaching is beneficial to leaders in many situations:
- Leaders confronting large corporate initiatives
- New leaders, or leaders new to a team
- Leaders at risk of derailment, needing greater self-awareness or needing to work more effectively with their peers
- Seasoned managers who feel they have hit a ceiling and need a boost to the next level
- High-potential leaders fast-tracked for further development
Who are Our Coaches?
- Our team of multi-disciplined coaching experts are seasoned business leaders, each with professional coaching skills and each with their own subject matter expertise
- To ensure the highest standards and consistency in delivery, all our coaches have passed a rigorous certification process
- Forrest’s coaching is renowned for discretion, openness, honesty and directness – no subject is beyond discussion
Selected List of Forrest Coaches
- Don Brommet
- Dean Burgess
- Kim Caughlin
- Julian Chapman
- Liliana Chethuan
- Chris Corrigan
- Nanette Cuddy
- Tim Elliott
- Nick Forrest
- Brenda Gefucia
- Karl Hagglund
- Irene Hogendoorn
- Herb Koplowitz
- Rebecca Lemaich
- Alan Levine
- Adrian Luces
- Christine Macfarlane
- Jim Montagnes
- Jaki Scarcello
- Shauna Sedgewick
- Anita Shilton
- Tony Welsh
Forrest coaching is based on proven processes and principles that are consistent and replicable. To ensure adherence to these high standards, all Forrest coaches are certified through Forrest’s own coaching institute. Training for coaching certification is available to any organization interested in having results-based, internal coaching capacity.
Contact us to arrange for your Effectiveness Coaching needs-assessment:
Director, Business Development
416.925.2967 x 104