The Leadership Path™ Instruction and Delivery Format
Published by Salman on Fri, 04/30/2021 - 16:57
Participants discover their leadership character and how it can be best applied:
- They become conscious of their style of managing and leading and the impact of that style on those around them, including direct reports, peers and managers.
- They challenge and reassess their personal and professional vision, contribution and value.
- Participants practice, hands-on, the skills and principles of effective leadership and communication.
- Participants examine and plan ways to increase their contribution to the execution of their organization’s strategy.
Awareness of leadership character is then focused by instruction on a universal framework for management:
- Participants develop skill and confidence in the specific list of best practices that managers must perform to be most effective.
- Participants learn how to navigate the dynamics of organizational interrelationships (managers, peers, direct reports).
Integration: Managerial Leadership
Leadership ability and management ability are then integrated.
- Participants develop an understanding of, and confidence with, the specific accountabilities of a managerial leader.
- They learn to use the tension between leading and managing, to step out from behind checklists and to focus their whole selves on attaining personal and organizational goals.
- Instructor-lead and highly interactive
- Two master instructors/coaches
- Lecture demonstration, group study and discussion, exercises, video support
- The context of the learning is the participant’s current workplace
- Action-learning will be used to explore, plan and practice the skills learned
- Five one-on-one coaching sessions throughout the program
- Each participant has a dedicated professional coach
- Six assessment instruments are used, including two 360° multi-rater assessments
- Facilitator interview with the participant’s Manager to set context and identify goals
- Facilitator call to participants to introduce and describe the TLP process and to set expectations
- Multi-rater assessments are launched and reports generated for debrief in the workshops
Workshop One: Leadership
- A five-day offsite retreat focusing on leadership
Workshop Two: Management and Managerial Leadership
- A three-day offsite retreat integrating leadership and management